Sunday, October 9, 2011

I guess you could call it a Safari...

but Charlotte is getting a massage as we speak, and after dinner last night a Kenyan man with a voice like Paul Simon covered Dylan and Clapton. We are staying at Serena Mara, thanks to the always sound advice of Lois Shaw, and its pretty sweet. The accommodations are very nice, and the views are amazing. I am typing this sitting on our balcony. Through binoculars I see 5 elephants trekking across the plain, along with hundreds of zebra. We have been on one end of day animal drive, and one at dawn this morning. This is of course an excuse to post animal pics for nieces and nephews. We'll see how much bandwidth we can pull out of the wilderness.

Sorry folks, pics seemed more than than Orange could handle. We'll work on getting some pics up soon.

Now some pics. We got back last night, and I am reading for class by posting pictures.

There's a saying about not waking sleeping lions...

The Croc and the Hippo

Rare Two-headed Giraffe

I believe these are called effalumps

1 comment:

  1. Where are the pictures of you riding the animals, John? These could be stock photos for all I know. I demand personalization!

    ReplyDelete